Programs: All programming is completed in both sign language and spoken word.
- Preschool - Preschool classes focus on language and academic success. Class size is small to ensure that each early learner is getting exactly what they need to get ready for kindergarten. Each child is given unique instruction based on their language and academic needs. Our preschool focusses on hands on and community learning while adhering to the highest levels of academic excellence.
- Preschool sessions run Monday through Thursday, September through mid June. For more information, please contact us. We look forward to serving you!
- Kindergarten through Eighth Grade - MOOSE is proud to offer kindergarten through eighth grade to all students regardless of hearing loss. As with all programming, class size is kept small to ensure that students are getting the absolute most out of their educational experience. All curriculum is chosen carefully based on the needs of students in the program. Instruction is done in both sign language and spoken word all day, every day. Students are given the opportunity to be successful in the language that best suits their needs. Incorporated into our MOOSE learning year are language, music, art, physical education, library, technology, science, social studies, english, grammar, and math. MOOSE is a community of learning and language. We are proud of the success of our students.
- School sessions run Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 3:10 PM, September through mid June. Please contact us to start your child today. Class size is limited.
- Contractual Education Opportunities – The MOOSE Project is proud to offer local school districts and other agencies the opportunity to partner as a contractor providing educational support and programming for students enrolled in Special Education services. MOOSE staff will initially meet with each IEP team to determine appropriate placement and goals and subsequently attend all scheduled team meetings. MOOSE is the only program that provides total communication education in this area. When researching the least restrictive learning environment for children with and without hearing loss, a setting where dual language is used by all adults and peers far out shines any other option. All programming is performed at MOOSE in both sign language and spoken word at all times. There is no need for “pull out” services. For more information or to request a tour, please contact us.
- Sign Language Classes - MOOSE is proud to offer sign language classes for the entire community. Beginning sign language, intermediate sign language, and deaf culture classes are offered throughout the year. Sessions are six weeks long and are held in the fall, winter, spring and summer. Here are details on our next session!
- MOOSE Summer Camp - see flyer & enrollment form